Celtic are said to have made tentative moves in the transfer market ahead of the January window opening up. Today we are linked (via ge.globo.com) with Grêmio defensive-midfielder, Fernando Henrique. Henrique, just 20, has been left out of the Brazilian side’s starting XI since mid-September when they were defeated by Flamengo at the famous Maracanã.
It is said because of this lack of game time that the young Brazilian is looking to move on if possible, to help aid his development at a crucial stage in his career. As recently as last month, Grupo City and Al Ain from United Arab Emirates also made their interest known in the Grêmio player. The club were keen for discussions to continue after their season concluded, with a possible figure of $5 million touted as any future fee. This equates roughly to £3 million GBP.
Celtic faz contato e manifesta interesse em volante Fernando Henrique, do Grêmiohttps://t.co/OSvp3Bbgkj
— ge RS (@globoesporters) October 20, 2021
Celtic, meanwhile have the player on a database amongst others they are looking at in possible squad improvements. However, the report does mention that a representative from Celtic has reached out to the players representatives regarding any possible move. The only downfall would be the player is part owned by a third-party, which can sometimes be more hassle than what it’s worth.
One things for sure, Ange seems to be casting his net far and wide for new recruits. Our new approach into untapped markets could be the way forward. Trying to find value for money is crucial for the club as we rebuild once again after an era of dominance.