Celtic are set to fight the diving charge levelled at striker Albian Ajeti in the wake of Celtic’s 4-0 win over Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.However, a Celtic source told the Daily Record that they were ‘astonished’ to learn that the footballing authorities had taken action against the ex-Basel attacker.
Ajeti was cited for simulation today for his part in winning a penalty against Kilmarnock on Tuesday night. The Swiss International, a £5m arrival from West Ham, chased the ball away from goal when Kevin Clancy adjudged Doyle to have tripped him.
Odsonne Edouard stepped up and doubled Celtic’s lead. However, following the game, The SFA confirmed that Ajeti would be offered a two-game ban as a result of this perceived dive. With evidence to show that there is contact, the meeting should be very short concluding that the 23-year-old was fouled.
Following the game, Ajeti said that he had been struggling with fitness and was grateful to get a chance to score, hoping he can use it to push on. There is a player in there, which was exemplified by his five goals in five games at the start of the campaign.
Hopefully Celtic will appeal this and the decision will be sorted so that the player can play on Saturday.