Hibernian manager Shaun Maloney has said that he will only sanction the sale of Martin Boyle if they receive a bid that meets their valuation. Boyle has been repeatedly linked with Celtic but interest from Saudi Arabia has manifested itself this window with speculation that the Australian winger would depart from Easter Road this window.
Celtic face Hibs on Monday and the player will be looking to make an impression against Ange Postecoglou’s side. Maloney confirmed to BBC that he had spoken to Boyle and outlined the club’s position on his future – while receiving the player’s view on matters.
“There is a valuation the club has and until that’s met there isn’t a decision to make.
“Martin has been one of Hibs’ best players, one of the league’s best players in his position. I have given him clarity on where we are at, and he has been very open with me.
“I’m really comfortable with the situation. As long as me and Martin have clarity, then there won’t be any issues.
“He has been a major part of my first two wins and I’m very, very keen to keep him. If the situation gets to a point where me and Martin have to make a decision then we do that.”
The Hibs winger scored 15 goals last season and impressed as the Easter Road outfit finished third. This year, he has continued this excellent run of form, netting 14 times including a hat-trick against Rangers at Hampden. He put the ball into the box for Paul Hanlon’s goal in the League Cup Final last month, where Celtic ran out 2-1 winners. There has been interest in Boyle from Saudi Arabia with an unnamed club said to be keen on bringing him to the Middle East.
Celtic have been long-time admirers of Boyle but the winger turns 29 in April, it is unlikely that Celtic would sanction a bid for the player, especially with permanent talks ongoing regarding a deal to sign Jota from Benfica.